Google+





Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Update On AVATAR 2 & 3 From James Cameron

Again, no real surprises here yet. We knew that James Cameron had Pandora's oceans squarely focused for AVATAR 2 and the potential for other planets / moons as well, but it is always great to get confirmation from the man himself!

Says Cameron:
"It's on Pandora. Well, I'm really writing the second and third films together, so it completes a kinda three film story arc. And we will see the oceans of Pandora, which we haven't seen at all and that's an ecosystem that I'm dying to start designing because it's going to look spectacular."

AVATAR 2 "narrows the spotlight instead of just nature in general or the rainforest. It focuses it a little more on ocean issues, because we have a planet that's a blue planet. From a distance, you look at it, the Earth is a lot more blue than it is, you know brown, the land mass. We're making the oceans unsurvivable for a lot of the species right now. For a lot or reasons. It's just a way to focus a little energy in that direction."

"And there will be other planets as well, besides Pandora. It will be a cornucopia, a treat for the eyes,"

"I get to imagine things at a kind of fuzzy level and then I bring in a lot of great artists and they come up with all the amazing creatures and plants and that sort of thing."

Will Cameron deal with AVATAR 2 & 3 differently? "I think it's just a continuation of the same thing. I want people to feel that same sense of excitement about that world. You know, the fictional Na'vi people and I want them to feel that excitement of discovery of a new world that they're going to see things that they haven't imagined. All that sort of the perk package of the first movie is still going to be there. And the themes will be there and be played out in a way that I think people can accept."

On environmental issues: "I'm not going to become more strident. I'm not going to say, 'well, we got away with this much environmental content in the first movie, now there's double.' Because I think that would be a mistake. It has to be entertainment first and foremost."

As always, more when I get it...

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.