Google+





Monday, July 19, 2010

Attention Comic-Con Patrons! Offsite PIRANHA 3D Footage Being Shown Afterall

Dimension Films refused to give up easily. Recently, Comic-Con officials forced them to pull out their planned segment screenings of PIRANHA 3D from Hall H at the mega conference because it did not suit their idea of family oriented fare. And trust me, it doesn't.

As Alexandre Aja told my friend Brooks Barnes at the
New York Times: “It doesn’t make sense to go to an event like Comic-Con and not show what the movie is,” Mr. Aja said by telephone from Montreal, where he is putting the finishing touches on the horror picture. “It’s frustrating because I was so excited to show this at Comic-Con – I made the movie for that crowd.”

So what did the Weinstein owned Dimension Films do about it? Go offsite of course! I don't know why more companies don't do this - it is an old marketing trick to not only get some free publicity through sites like this, but also it saves on costs if done right.

If you are interested in seeing all the blood and gore of a wet t-shirt contest that goes bad then here are the details:

You are invited to attend the special San Diego screening of PIRANHA 3D footage – several minutes of never-before-seen footage that is so fantastically bloody and so intense, we couldn’t show it on site at Comic-Con!

Presented by director Alex Aja
Talent Q&A immediately following the footage.

Thursday, July 22nd
10:00PM – 11:00PM
PIRANHA 3D footage screening & cast/filmmaker Q&A panel
Location: Regal Horton Plaza


Definitely check this thing out.
I am hoping that this movie turns out well, I REALLY am. I am a big Aja fan. But to be honest I have heard terrible things about the project thus far so I am crossing my fingers that I am worrying about nothing. One thing is for sure though, there will be blood.

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.