Google+





Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ridley Scott's ROBIN HOOD In 3D? Could Happen!

Jim here. According to The Wrap's Sharon Waxman, Director Ridley Scott "is breathing down the neck of executives at Universal to get them to approve making a 3D version of his new $200 million epic, ROBIN HOOD".

Waxman has a quote from a "knowledgeable executive" that a 3D conversion of ROBIN HOOD would be in the range of $7 to $8 million. Now I know of at least one company that charges about $100,000 a minute for conversion - so say ROBIN HOOD is 120 minutes (I have no idea), that makes a cost of about $12 million. So Waxman's source is close depending on the conversion technology company. I know others are cheaper.

You all know what my opinion is on this already. Any movie by Ridley Scott in 3D is exactly why I got into the business in the first place. A resounding YES echoed in my head when I read that. Ridley will be making THE FOREVER WAR in 3D too - so chalk him up as yet another visionary convert! Sharon is a friend of mine (I occassionally post on her site) and I will check further with her. Sounds very interesting to say the least!! :-)



Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.