Google+





Sunday, August 30, 2009

Joel Silver: SWAMP THING 3D?

Jim here. Seems Joel Silver is interested in bringing SWAMP THING to the theaters in 3D. My friend Steve over at Collider had a brief opportunity to speak with Silver and managed to squeeze out some gold nuggets of info:

“I’m developing a picture now that I’d like to do…I’ll hopefully do Swamp Thing, which is a movie we’ve had for a long time. We think that would be great to do in 3D. There are a couple of projects I’m thinking about (for the format) but not everything.”

DC Comics character SWAMP THING was created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson. It actually had a movie adaptation already written and directed by Wes Craven (and a sub-par sequel too).

The story involves a scientist who was involved in an accident in a laboratory and was transformed into a half human, half monster seemingly from a swamp. After indeed moving to a swamp he fights the good fight against all enemies that threaten his new very damp home.

This is great news - SWAMP THING was one of several comics I favored as a child and I am anxious to hear more about this project. Will pass on the info when I get it.

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.